Tuesday 6 August 2013

Dreaming of Texas: Cowboy Blues

Cowboy Blues
Quick Study

I am having a wonderful August because there is so much going on. I am preparing the 2014  programme of UK workshops which have me really excited. There are so many new sessions to look forward to and of course returns of favourites. The dates and full information will be sent to my email contact list later this year.  To be on this list  please email me as soon as possible.

I have been invited to write several art features for international art magazines which are fascinating as they are all very different. And of course I am having a fantastic time writing my new book.This painting time in the creative process is so hard because I have so many gorgeous step by steps and demonstrations lying in my studio. I am absolutely dying to share them. But of course I can't because if I did there would be no surprise for readers when they turn each new page in my next book.  
I have never been very good at keeping secrets so this is a really tough time for me!

I am also preparing a material list for my USA Workshops which start in New York this October. From there I will be travelling to Texas. A trip which must be playing on my mind if the cowboy study painted today (above) is a sign! 

My next big tour in USA will be for my book launch in 2015. I am already in discussion with  art societies who wish to hold workshops at that time. It isn't too late to be included in my USA book launch tour so please contact me on jeanhaines@hotmail.com if you would like details. The 2015 workshops are going to be very exciting as a celebration of my new books launch.

For now I really must get back to painting as I am really loving  what is on my easel.


**************

Thank you so much to everyone who has sent me lovely emails and messages regarding my blog post on copying. It is incredible how many artists have had awful experiences in this area but lets' hope by being open and understanding we can  share what is, and what isn't good ethics when it comes to this fascinating world of art.


No comments: