Wednesday 2 October 2013

Valencia : Spain 2013

Valencia
Spain 2013

I have just retruned from a wonderful weeks break in Valencia, Spain. Every day as we left our hotel we were met by this incredible sight and I simply had to paint it today regardless of how busy I am. Tonight I am opening the 82nd Annual Exhibition of the Alton Arts Society and my own solo exhibition at the Montpelier Gallery in Cheltenham opens on Friday with a book signing and  talk by me in the afternoon, so there is quite a lot going on. But as I sit in my studio catching up, my mind is on the strong sunlight and gorgeous architecture of Valencia. I couldn't resist painting this very quick study today and look forward to my studio time when I can paint more scenes from Spain in beautiful sunlight!

I have many artist friends who have been begging me to share more of my landscapes online so I hope to do so soon.

Happy painting,

Jean

No comments: