Saturday 18 July 2015

Look What You Did?

"Jean Haines World of Watercolour"
Selling so well it has had to go for a reprint already! 
Can you believe it? I can't!

This week I was invited to the Annual Summer Party by my  amazing publishers and it was a fantastic night to celebrate so much. I met literary agents from all over the world and leading authors too who I had not met before. Authors who work in different arts and crafts.

I was thrilled to talk to the owners about the success and popularity of my books on watercolour. But my jaw dropped when I was told that my latest book "Jean Haines World of Watercolour" has had to go  for its' very first reprint already. This is incredible.  It has only just been launched officially and everyone at my publishers is over the moon.  As am I. But my face must have been a picture because I couldn't take the news in at first. I just stood in a stunned silence!

 I had previously been told that the pre order sales for "Jean Haines World of Watercolour"broke all records for a new book and that since the launch  orders for copies have flooded in.

Now, as I am sat here typing this news to you I feel as though I am typing about someone else because this could not possibly be happening to me. I feel like a tiny blip in the world of art. A small, insignificant artist who just loves painting and sharing their passion for  watercolour. I feel wonderful when I work quietly in my garden. And I wake with the eagerness of a child who knows they are going to enjoy the day each morning.

But to hear this incredible news has slightly knocked me for six.

I am happy. No, that's an understatement. I am thrilled! Ecstatic but also a little overwhelmed. Because the more nice things people say about me the harder I work so as not to let those very same people down.

I owe the biggest thank you to every single person who has not only bought a copy of my books but also encouraged me, supported me and let me know they like what I am doing.

 I was told I am one of the publishers top authors. They said in a speech this week that without writers they wouldn't exist. 

I believe without you I wouldn't exist as an author. 

I wouldn't. 

Its' as simple as that.

So you are making my dreams come true which means I must work hard to make everyone elses' dreams come true.

Happiness creates happiness and it is a gift to give away. Not keep.

Thank you.

Thank you so much!


***********************

1 comment:

nandadevi said...

congratulations! you deserve it. your book really inspires many people.