Sunday 3 June 2012

A Week in an Artists Life 2012

At the Wey Gallery in Godalming last Sunday. One week ago, a week leading to three Private  Viewings and an amazing chain of book launch events.

Sunday 27th May 2012
PRIVATE PREVIEW
Solo Exhibition
Surrey
Looking back I am not  quite sure how I managed the last few weeks. Leading up to my Private Preview at the Wey Gallery in Godalming there were many trips involving deliveries,framing decisions ,catalogue and pricing meetings for several events. And then the fabulous show "Expressions" showcasing my new collection of 2012 watercolours opened last Sunday and the gallery has been full of visitors ever since. When I talked to the gallery yesterday it was really wonderful to hear the positive feedback on my work. One visitor told the owners that they had never seen such an amazing body of work in watercolour before and another said they were completely blown away by the vibrance and brilliance of the collection. All wonderful acknowledgements for my original art and I am thrilled. I will be visiting the gallery to sign more books shortly and looking forward to seeing the show before paintings disappear to the collectors who now own favourite pieces from the exhibition.

This major solo exhibition looks incredible and will run until 11th June. Some of the paintings from the collection can be viewed in an online catalogue via this link.



Monday 28th May 2012
Driving!
A drive to Chichester faced me as I had to deliver my art for the SFP ,Society for Floral Artist Exhibition 2012. Having labelled my pieces I loaded my car and made the drive through gorgeous countryside to reach the venue in Sussex. I was quite surprised while walking back to my car when someone tapped my shoulder and asked me if I was Jean Haines! They said my hair gave me away . They loved my work and my new book, and were really happy to meet me in person.We talked about watercolour for some time  before I drove home knowing I would be making the journey again the next day for the opening.

Tuesday 29th May 2012
PRIVATE PREVIEW
Society Exhibition
Sussex

Another drive but this time in the late afternoon so that I could be at the private Preview of the SFP Society of Floral Painters Annual Exhibition which takes place in the Oxmarket Arts Centre of Chichester.  All the shop windows in the high street were  decorated to celebrate the Queens Jubilee so red ,white and blue adorned every single shop. It was quite something to witness! The exhibition displays many fine examples of floral art work, many in a botanical style and it was fascinating to see a collection of art purely based on my favourite subjects.

Wednesday 30th May 2012
Painting
Time  to catch up in my studio as I am currently working on a new collection for an exhibition in July 2012.  This has yet to be advertised so I will share more news on this later!.But it was heaven to be back in my studio again working on large paintings that as yet have not be seen by anyone other than the gallery.

Thursday 31st May 2012
Panic!
An urgent  plea is sent to my publishers as I have a book signing  the following night and it looks as though we may not have enough books for the event. My new book is selling so quickly that keeping copies in stock is becoming increasingly difficult. Will the books arrive in time for the show tomorrow?  I deliver the fabulous card designs that are to be launched at the Frame Gallery during my solo exhibition and love how Jan the owner has hung my work. The gallery looks fabulous so after last minute details and decisions for Friday night I can again return to my studio.

Friday 1st June 2012
PRIVATE PREVIEW
Hampshire
I have made it to the end  of another full week. Friday saw the Private Preview of my solo exhibition " An Artist Journey" at the Frame Gallery in Odiham, Hampshire. The gallery was full,champagne flowed and I lost count of the number of books I signed. I lost count of the red dots appearing too but I will write a full post on the show in another blog entry but it was fantastic!

*******************

I had a  very full week last week leading into next week when my June workshops commence so it really is a wonderfully active life I am leading all because of my passion for watercolour.

What a journey!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How exciting this all is for you. congratulations. I went to read the reviews of your newest book and can't wait to get mine. Looks like I have to wait until Sept. tho, but I'm sure it will arrive when it's suppose too in my life. I've always enjoyed your art and it's fun to see you grow so much. take care.
peace n abundance,
CheyAnne