Thursday 2 August 2018

Among the Fields of Gold 2018


 "Fields of Gold "

I am singing as I paint and perhaps how lucky there isn't sound. Although I adore singing especially my favourite songs. On my workshops I often play Celtic music  and " Fields of Gold" is on my play list. And it is perfect as background music for this new piece I am working on.

This morning I have sent two new chapters for my next book to my publisherwho is collating my work to be published in a new very exciting publication next year. My latest book " Atmospheric Flowers in Watercolour" seems to have turned on an inspirational button in my artists soul that cannot be turned off! As I wrote my last book it was literally like writing a music score with the performance building up to a huge wonderful finale of abstracts and techniques using products new to me. And now I am using them non stop which is leading me into yet another book. 

At the moment this painting seen above is all pure watercolour although I have used Daniel Smith Watercolour Ground to create texture. I am loving how this piece is coming to life although detail is yet to be added.

I feel as though I have come alive finding a completely new direction in my art that is so exciting. I am veering away from what I know into the unknown more and more each day and it is so fantastic to be able to share my journey on line. You may think you don't know what I am going to do or create next but neither do I. All I do know is that the book I have just written and the book I am currently writing are changing my life and I love it!

Have a fabulous day and my  "Artist Tip for the Day"  is:-

Try something new, if you have painted what you know for years leap into a new creative zone. The break may be the start of something wonderful for you.

Good luck and happy adventures!



Field of Gold, full composition, as a work in progress.


*************************

No comments: