Tuesday 14 August 2018

Autumn Riches 2018 Hips and Haws

"Hips and Haws"
Original watercolour by Jean Haines 2018

Where the time is going I have no idea. How often I have heard that said and yet I am saying the same words too now. I remember a professional artist of some standing telling me years ago that if I had time to write an art blog I wasn't working hard enough. They meant I should be painting not writing on line. At the time I dismissed their comment and happily continued to share regularly here but recently I now fully understand what they meant. 

I now have tours to organise. Galleries to paint for. My own workshops in UK to think about. And my next new book to complete. We actually start filming the demonstrations next week and I have been adamant that everything in it is absolutely new, as I am with all of my books.  So yes, I am busy. But I love my blog and when I paint something or discover something that makes me feel happy I want to share it with the world. And I am so very happy.

The countryside is laden with gorgeous Autumn subjects to paint so I have been naughty this past few days totally ignoring all emails and correspondence. Totally ignoring my workshop plans and tours and I have put my book on hold to paint and enjoy painting, and oh boy have I painted.

I have a fabulous new collection of autumnal scenes that are full of berries of every kind, glowing beautifully and each time I complete one I immediately want to start the next. Like eating the last delicious nutty chocolate in a box I want more! 

So please forgive my silence on line. I needed time to create just for me. However if you wish to purchase the above painting or paintings like it please contact me as they are going in a gallery very soon.

For now, happy painting.

Oh and Artist tip for the day?

Get OUT!
Go and see what is outside that could tempt your brushes to keep moving and find a treasure to paint when you do. Something beautiful!


******************

2 comments:

Katie said...

I imagine that many folks, like me, discovered you through your blog, which in turn caused them to look into your books etc. So I disagree with this artist you mentioned. Your blog has played a role in to success, and in sharing your art here you advocate for your painting and art in general. This may be my favorite piece of yours and I've been following your work for a couple years. If not for the blog, is likely I'd never have seen it.

Artist diary by Sarah Orchard said...

I am so excited about your mention of a new book in your latest blog. Are you able to give a tip on what it will be about. I do enjoy your style and you write as though you are just talking to me ... very inspired! Sarah Orchard