Tuesday 6 May 2014

Arte Umbria : April 2014

Group Photo
With artists on my Watercolour Masterclass in Italy 
 Artists came from USA, Norway, Ireland, UK and Italy.

ARTE UMBRIA 
April 2014

What a fantastic  time I had teaching my Watercolour Masterclass in Italy. I arrived to glorious sunshine and was warmly welcomed by Sarah and David who run Arte Umbria. Set in a delightful rural location this art retreat is surrounded by incredible scenery. My first sight was the gorgeous wisteria outside my room, which was so tempting to paint and it quickly became a subject for one of my many demonstrations.

The group attending were fabulous and a really special time was had by all.  The enthusiasm throughout the whole week was extremely high and it was so brilliant to see artists rising early and finishing late to work on new techniques and subjects from the course.  I started each day with demonstrations then worked closely with each artist on a one to one basis.  It was for me really rewarding to hear such glowing feedback about the course, especially from artists who initially felt they may never get the hang on working in my style. I loved how minds changed as confidence grew every day. I honestly believe with the right guidance everyone can paint, and more importantly, enjoy creating. It effects not just how we see things but also how we feel. My teaching philosophy is always based on positive thinking. 

We enjoyed  superb lunches and the evenings were filled with great company and laughter as we all relaxed after very full days. To everyone who attended, I genuinely felt very sad saying goodbye on the last day of the course. The warmth within this group was exceptional as each person added to the  memories that will never be forgotten. Its wonderful to know that my paintings have also left to homes all over the world from this course.

A week I will treasure in my art career.


************************


No comments: