Sunday 21 February 2010

Arina Gordienko MA

It is far easier to share wonderful work by art friends at times than our own. I have exhibited with Arina Gordienko on several occasions and her work really does take my breath away. It is impossible to walk into a gallery and miss it  for the sheer size and impact in each piece.
I first met Arina when we  particpated in the Art Liberating Lives Exhibition in 2008 raising funds for the Sue Ryder Charity. That year sArina had won the Anthony J Lester Art Critic Award at the SWA Society of Women Artists Annual Exhibition. I could see why.

http://www.arinagordienko.com/SILENCE.html

You can admire her amazing collection on a video via this link.

http://www.arinagordienko.com/VIDEO.html

In 2009 I followed in Arinas footsteps when I submitted to the SWA for the first time,had all six paintings accepted and my work was selected for the Anthony J Lester Art Critic Award. I was thrilled for so many reasons because I am so passionate about watercolours. I work hard with style and technique and to recieve this accolade for my own paintings was overwhelming. And I am very honoured to follow artists like Arina who deserve such recognition.

In person Arina is wonderful, her art has to be seen to be believed as on the screen it somehow misses the beauty it holds in reality.

So my post this Sunday is a tribute to a wonderful friend who happens to be an artist with  amazing talent.

Arina...it is an honour to know you and call you a friend.  I wish that 2010 be  a real success for you as in my heart I know it will be.


*************************************

2 comments:

JANE MINTER said...

i hope to see Arina's exhibition in Venice in March

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

Jane I hope you do get to meet her and see her work.It truly is inspirational and amazing. As is Arina in person.