Wednesday 10 February 2010

Daydreaming Doodles.

With a studio full of  wonderful subjects that catch my eye and desperately needing to be completed for shows coming up I found myself just like the child  whose mind drifts away in the class room. 

Do you remember the days when you found yourself daydreaming instead of paying attention to the teacher? With me it was always a doodle on a scrap of paper. My doodles are very much still a large part of my life but now they are all in  magcial watercolour.

So  instead of a cockerel,dog,elephant or cat I  found myself "playing" with blue shades and here are the results. Spring flowers are all around me so I am leaping into Summer with delphiniums!

 
 A single delphinium study. ( Unfinished )

The centres of the Christmas Rose collection I am working on  drew me to these flowers as they are similar in my technique on how I capture them

 Less is More in this corner of the painting. (Unfinished)

With  gentle brushstrokes and placement of colour the feel of a Victorian garden begins to magically appear. I can easily see a white delphinium here but you may need to stand back, relax and study forms to allow your mind to fill in the detail. I am pulling together a Summer collection in between working on current pieces.

My inspiration of Mme.Blanche Odin is strongly with me in these new paintings.

Life is wonderful .

The saying "Less is more" is so perfect for so many reasons. Less detail, less words, less typing and more painting..........it is time to start my day and I am eager to paint!



*****************************

Please Note: All of my paintings are created minus the use of a preliminary sketch and often many are from my imagination. I work from life whenever possible and depend on colour and brushstrokes to  form my wide variety subjects.


2 comments:

JANE MINTER said...

beautiful delicate doddles jean ...

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

Hi Jane, I knew you would like these! Thank you for leaving a comment. I just can't stop painting flowers at the moment. It must be the Spring Influence!