Wednesday 17 August 2011

Watercolour Workshops 2012

"Essence of a Celt"
Watercolour portrait minus the use of a preliminary sketch.


Watercolour Workshops 2012

This year has been incredible. I keep thinking it can't get any better and it does. Continually! My only disappointment is in not being able to fit everyone in who has asked to come on one of my workshops. I open emails and my heart sinks because I know 2011 sessions have been fully booked for so long in advance.

There are several reasons why I am having to turn people away and the main one is that I keep my numbers small in attendance so that everyone who comes can clearly see my demonstrations and hear what I am saying. This is wonderful for the artists who  manage to get a place but not so wonderful for those left on the waiting list!

I also don't take watercolour workshops all year around because I need my own time to develop my style and grow as an artist. I exhibit regularly in galleries and write.  I want to ensure I have something new and exciting to bring to each session rather than paint exactly the same thing over and over again. This is not my personality or style as an artist. I host workshops that I get a buzz out of teaching and love the thrill out of knowing everyone who has come leaves feeling inspired. My workshops aren't repetitive as the programmes change each year although I will admit I may repeat " Beating the Blues" in 2012 because it was so much fun this year!  

I knew I needed to look at how I could  improve my schedule so that I can offer more places here and abroad.  I am thrilled  with my diary of events,demonstrations and workshops for  next year and I am very eager to share the dates and locations.

So I will share my intinery in September/October and hope everyone who has been waiting patiently for the news will be as excited as I am. I am going to have a fabulous 2012 so my aim is to  now focus on ensuring every one I know has a fantastic year next year too! 

That means you as well!

 So all I can say for now is......watch this space!

******************





2 comments:

a woman who is said...

Ahhh I hope that means you are coming to the Pacific Northwest...I will be eagerly watching and waiting =)

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

Hi there, I am working on next years schedule athe moment so will post all my news as soon as I can, its going to be a very wonderful year in 2012!